http://i.imgur.com/adE9k64.jpg

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update on Whisper....

First of all I want to say "THANK YOU" to everyone who left a comment & said a Prayer for Whisper.

I'm sorry I didn't do an update on her sooner...but it has been chaos here. I'll back up to Friday....

Whisper had to be to the Vet's office at 7:30 a.m. After filling out paper work, the receptionist told me I could bring Whisper around back to one of the kennels. Whisper knew something was going on, she clung to me and dug her claws in me & started crying. Oh it broke my heart to leave her there. I cried all the way home.

So Friday was a looong day. We finally got word at 1:00 p.m that the surgery went well, it just took a little longer for her to wake up than they originally thought.  My 10 yr. old son, cried all day. I tried to keep him occupied & his mind off Whisper, but it didn't work. Fast Forward to saturday morning....

We picked Whisper up at 8 a.m.  Oh she was glad to see us, but I could tell she wasn't herself.  Whisper had surgery to remove Bladder Stones from the Bladder. They tell me that there were more than the 4 stones that they seen on the x-rays...alot more. She has a dozen stitches total, inside and out.  Her restrictions are NO running, jumping, playing, swimming, access to stairs or furniture for 14 days!  She is on a special diet for a week. Whisper's Bladder Stones were sent to The University of Minnesota. They are going to research the stones for "FREE".  I live in a two story house...The bottom level is half garage & half basement. The top level is our living quarters...in order to get to the main floor, we need to go up 12 steps...so Whisper has to be carried up & down those steps everytime she needs to go to the bathroom which is quite often.....

After many, many trips outside Sat. to the bathroom...& getting up 3 times during the night with her to take her out...I am exhausted!

 It is Sunday morning & I notice that Whisper's incision is draining alot....I tried calling the Vet's office to see if they had an on call person available to talk too. So the message says they are closed... if this is an Emergency or you need to speak to a Vet,  press one and you will be directed to the person on call's cell phone. Guess What?  It rings and rings and no one answers. Grrrr!

It's going to be another looong day. She is resting comforatbly, but her incision is still draining. I'll keep you all posted...........

Remember to sign up for my "Birthday Giveaway"   ends Sept. 9th................

6 comments:

LibbiesHome said...

Hi Sandi,
I missed your last post about Whisper and the vet problems. I am glad the surgery went well, but I wish you were more comfortable with how she is doing. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you. I hope you can get her right in tomorrow to get her checked out!
Melissa

Angela said...

AWWWW, Poor Whisper, Glad she made it thru the surgery and I bet the poor thing is very sore. Hoping that drainage is normal and not a sign of infection. Where are the vet's when you need one? Bless your and your son's heart. Praying all will be fine soon. Take care
Angela

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, I hope she is OK Sandi, I'd be worried that some of the stitches in the bladder have let go and that's where the drainage is coming from? Keep a close eye and if you have to take her back to your old vet if you can't get a hold of your new one. What's up with the vets in your neck of the woods?! Deb

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

I hope Whisper gets well soon, hopefully she will be on mend and running up those stairs. Take care

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

get well wishes being sent to Wisper. I am glad the surgery went well. I hope you are able to get ahold of the vet today to see about the drainage. Keep us posted.

Norah said...

Thanks forr sharing this