http://i.imgur.com/adE9k64.jpg

Monday, August 29, 2011

2nd Update on Whisper....

Hello Everyone-
So the  Vet did call me back yesterday. By the time he did call me, I didn't have time to run Whisper back in because I had to go to work. He told me to put a maxi pad on her incision and then wrap either gauze or an ace bandage around her until I could bring her in.
I told him she is not eating the s/d food they gave me as part of her special diet. He told me to mix it with her other food she had before. Tried that didn't work. Gave her back her other food, still not eating. (sigh)
I work 2-10 p.m. I got home and there was a note on the table saying she still didn't eat anything all day, she is drinking though.
Fast forward to this morning...took Whisper back into the Vet. He examined her...the drainage came from a puss pocket that formed between the stitches...REALLY?  That was an awful lot of drainage I told him for a puss pocket. He took her temp. She had a fever. He prescribed an antibiotic and a pain pill for her.
As for eating...He said try a the Bland Diet for her...Boiled Potatoes, Boiled rice, Boiled Hamburger, Cottage Cheese and Plain yogurt. SERIOUSLY??  Yes, he said. Guarantee she will eat it. Animals Love this! SERIOUSLY? I never heard of it, but I am willing to try. And if she doesn't eat it???? He says if she doesn't eat by Wednesday bring her back in.
I am so exhausted but I will keep pushing on, LoL!  I will keep you posted!

9 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Mine like rice with a little chicken broth(low sodium) The also like boiled chicken so you can boil the rice and chicken together to save some time.You'll have to get the meat off the bone before serving.My little Boo dog is at the vet every few months so our vets know him well.The pain pills will probly help her alot.Dogs don't show pain so much.Hope she starts feeling better soon.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Angela said...

Poor Whisper, Was so hoping for a better update. Hoping these pills will help and she will start eating. Thinking of you both.
Angela

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

sounds like the diet our vet always recommends. There is a liquid pain reliever that tastes like honey--METACAM. our dogs take it no problem and works great!
good luck....
Hugs~★Linda★

Gail said...

Poor baby! Sure hope she's feeling better soon. Please keep us posted.

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

oh poor wisper. feel better soon

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Wishing Whisper well~
Teresa

Jessica said...

Poor Whisper! I hope she feels better ASAP.

Blessings, Jessica
http://blessingsinthecountry.com/

Trace4J said...

Poor precious little Whisper!
Boiled ground beef and rice seems to get mine furry kids to eat everytime. And also helps if the have potty problems.Just make sure to get all grease out.
hugs to you friend!

Vicki said...

Sending well wishes for your Whisper.